SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?

Go down 
5 posters

Which three of these expansions do you most want to see completed? (please only vote for three)
The Mime
Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_lcap42%Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
Echo
Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_lcap21%Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
Gandolf
Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_lcap37%Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 9 ]
Knuckle Joe
Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_lcap0%Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

Location : Hiding under a cardboard box whilst on a secret mission

Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? Empty
PostSubject: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Update: Well, that sucks. Nitrome has denied my request for permission to make their characters. I don't blame them though, they just don't want to be associated with a game that is stealing characters from other companies (Nintendo and Sega for example). So this changes things. I'm changing the poll to one vote only, and removing the nitrome characters. I will leave their movesets in a spoiler tag though, just for anyone who is interested.

Well, that is the question. Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?

New: In addition to voting in the poll, it would be fantastic if you could also post what you voted, and explain why. This will help me get a better idea of why people want certain expansions to be made.

Custom characters:

The Mime

Neutral B: Mime wall

When initiated: The Mime sticks his hands out in front of him, like an invisible wall. As long as B is held, the wall reflects projectiles.
When a direction key is pressed: The Mime moves the wall in the direction pressed.
When the directional key is released: A wall is formed where The Mime was holding it. Note: if B is released with no directional input, no wall is formed.

How the walls work: If a wall is placed vertically, it functions as a solid object. It can not be passed through, and must be jumped over or destroyed.
If a wall is placed horizontally, it acts like a passthrough platform, except for the fact that it can be destroyed.
There can only be three walls per Mime on stage at a time, and they each have 15% armor. The Mime can not destroy his own walls.

Side B: Master push

Description: The Mime uses the power of master hand to push his opponents away!

When the move is initiated, The Mime starts charging the attack. When it's released, he sends forth a smaller-sized master hand. The distance traveled depends on charge time.
What is unique about this move: It does no damage or knockback. Instead, the hand acts like a solid object. A moving wall, if you will. Being hit by this will not give someone their recovery move back.* To counter this, the top of the hand acts as a solid platform, so you could actually end up saving your opponent if you don't time it right.

Down B: Wall Call

Description: All your mime walls (created with neutral special) disappear in a puff of smoke. It does no damage, but it can be useful for springing a trap on opponents who are standing on one of your platforms. Especially if they are over a bottomless pit.

Up B: Paramime

The Mime mimes holding o parasol and is blown up in a slight curve. Holding B will cause him to glide. Pressing A will initiate a glide attack. This move is a combination of Meta Knight's and Peach's recovery moves.

Final Smash: Two giant white gloves (master hands) appear and trace a square in the general area around The Mime. (Approximately the same size as Luigi's negative zone). Any characters in this area are then trapped in a stereotypical invisible glass box. They can not move, (all regular motion animations will play, but the character doesn't actually move. No attack animations will play), and any damage dealt to the box is inflicted on the character inside. The boxes are also affected by knockback. The final smash lasts 15 seconds.

Echo

Note: Echo wields two Katanas.

Neutral B: Mirror Image

Echo turns one of his Katanas in to a whirlwind, which can either stay in front of him, or be sent forward either straight, angled up, or angled down. (Think Link's boomerang). The whirlwind then comes back to Echo. If the whirlwind hits someone, no damage or knockback is done. However, the last move that the target used is copied and brought back to Echo. If the whirlwind hits the character while they are using a move, the same effect happens. After receiving a copied move, when Echo uses neutral B a second time, an explosion of smoke appears around him and he turns in to the copied character and performs the copied move. An other explosion of smoke, and Echo turns back in to himself. Echo can only used the copied move once.

Notes: If he copies a chargeable move, such as Luigi's green missile or Ike's eruption, several things can happen. If Echo copied them when they were not performing the move, then he must charge the move himself when he uses it. If the actual attack hit the whirlwind, then Echo performs it instantly at the acquired charge level.

When using a move with a savable charge, Echo can not copy another move until he releases the charged one.

If the whirlwind hits a projectile, but not the actual character, he still copies the move.

Side B: No name yet.

Echo throws one of his Katanas forward. If no one is hit, it disappears and reappears in his hand. If someone is hit, they are pinned in place. Echo then rushes forward and slashes his foe with his other katana.

Up B: Sound rush

A four step chargeable directionally controllable rush attack. When initiated, Echo starts charging. In the air, he will fall. The player can press up to four directional keys. When B is pressed again, echo rushes a short distance in each of the directions pressed. Echo can use only one, two, or three direction rushes at once. However, he will not go in to fallspecial until he uses all four. The charge affects only damage caused, not distance traveled.

Down B: Echo's of the past

When initiated, a transparent, purplish copy of Echo appears. This remains in place until the next step of the move. When Echo performs his next move, with the exception of down B, the copy disappears. The next time down B is used, the copy reappears, performing the exact same move as Echo did earlier. If down B is used twice with no move in between, the copy simply disappears with no effect.

I am also considering making Gandalf, but I don't yet have a complete moveset for him. I do know that his final smash will be a final form, Gandalf the white.

Nintendo characters:

Knuckle Joe

Moveset:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Brikwarrior on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://brikmaster.on.toribash.com/
Corka Cola

Corka Cola

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Can we add Neither, or is that a no?
Back to top Go down
http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Ouch. I'm guessing you don't like any of these. Well, feel free not to vote then.
Back to top Go down
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 pm

New: In addition to voting in the poll, it would be fantastic if you could also post what you voted, and explain why. This will help me get a better idea of why people want certain expansions to be made.
Back to top Go down
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:29 am

Well, there certainly have been some unexpected twist and turns in this competition. After the last vote, Gandalf has taken the lead, surpassing the Mime by one vote. Final Ninja, who lagged behind slightly at the beginning, has caught up and is now tied with the Mime, who led most of the race. Both are at six votes. Echo has come up and the battle for third place is now being fought between him, Jack Frost and Dirk Valentine, each with four votes. Lagging behind with two and three votes respectively are Double Edged and Frost bite.

Important legal stuff:
I have a question. I have asked nitrome three times for permission to make some of their characters for SSF2, but I haven't received any response yet, positive or negative. Am I allowed to make them?

Also, a minor update. I have added Double Edged's final smash idea.

My apologies for the triple post.
Back to top Go down
Copy'n'Paste

Copy'n'Paste

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 am

Brikwarrior wrote:

Important legal stuff:
I have a question. I have asked nitrome three times for permission to make some of their characters for SSF2, but I haven't received any response yet, positive or negative. Am I allowed to make them?

No, you are not. You need confirmed permission to be able to use their works.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 am

The Mime idea is pretty epic IMO. Also like the other ones
Back to top Go down
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Copy'n'Paste wrote:
Brikwarrior wrote:

Important legal stuff:

No, you are not. You need confirmed permission to be able to use their works.
Their policy states that anyone may use their characters for non-commercial offline use. This would be non-commercial, but online. However, some people have nitrome stuff on Deviantart, which is online. Could I say that my making one of their characters is a form of fan art?

HyperSonic92 wrote:
The Mime idea is pretty epic IMO. Also like the other ones
Thanks. I think The Mime is my personal favorite as well. Since he also seems to be one of the most popular in the pole, he is definitely a top priority project, and the one that I most want to see finished.
Back to top Go down
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:50 am

*Bump*

Well, that sucks. Nitrome has denied my request for permission to make their characters. I don't blame them though, they just don't want to be associated with a game that is stealing characters from other companies (Nintendo and Sega for example). So this changes things. I'm changing the poll to one vote only, and removing the nitrome characters. I will leave their movesets in a spoiler tag though, just for anyone who is interested.

Problem: I don't seem to be able to edit the poll. Can someone help me out with that?

Edit: I figured I should also add Knuckle Joe to the poll, since ShadowHunter and I are now partners for that expansion.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am

Yes, add Knuckle Joe to the poll. However, if Knuckle Joe wins on my poll, but not yours as the top 3, the expansion cannot start without you ready to create him.

I'll remove Gandolf.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks ShadowHunter. But actually, Gandalf can stay. The ones that have to go are Jack Frost, Final Ninja, Double Edged, Dirk Valentine and Frost Bite. Knuckle Joe is my only group expansion, so don't worry, as soon as you start, I'll be working on him too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?   Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which one of these expansions do you most want to see completed?
Page 1 of 1