SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Ninten

Go down 
+6
Chick In A Box
Proton
Torndragon
Dark Lord
Caby
Blitz Blast
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Accepted?
Yes
Ninten - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Ninten - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
No
Ninten - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Ninten - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:03 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
Well I did wanted to work on an Earthbound expansion a long time ago. I'll help you, but not daily though. I could try to fix up the sprite for you and make a better moveset (the specials right now doesn't excite me). I do not have information on Ninten or Earthbound 1, but I guess I could research.

How do you think this walk looks? Ninten - Page 2 Nintenwalk
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:11 pm

It's better, but why does he turn his head too much to the right and doesn't turn to the left at all?
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:02 pm

OK But I think I'll keep it like this and heres the run Ninten - Page 2 Nintenrun
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Alright, I have formed a moveset after studing the PSI abilites from Mother 1. Here are my result.

Netrual Special- PK Beam- Niten charges energy that cannot be saved. If he dodges while charging, he loses the charge (works something like Link's arrows or Marth's shield breaker). Once the button is released, he thrust his arm and fires a short beam of energy. If the charge is low, it only causes 12% of damage with medium knockback. Medium charge is 19% with above-medium knockback and high charge is 28% of damage with high knockback.

Up Special- 4th-D Slip- Niten cast the PSI ability and disappears in a flash. Using the arrow keys, he will reappear where ever the input commands him to (like Zelda's up special).

Down Special- PSI Shield- Niten forms a wall of energy in front of him that have the ability to reflect projectiles. If anyone physically attacks the wall of energy (Smash, aerial, ect.) then the oppenents will recieve small knockback if they inflict weak damage. However, if it was strong attack, then the shield will explode in a blast of light and the oppenent will be dizzy for as long on how strong the attack they inflicted on.

Side Special- PSI Assist- Ninten will pause and form a small star of energy before shoving it and have it flash. This could cause random effects like paralizing his oppenent or putting them to sleep. If someone is using the shield, then it will break automaticly and his oppenent will be dizzy.

Final Smash- I have no idea

Note that three of the specials does not at all cause any damage (except for PSI Shield for counterattack). This shows off the fact that Ninten is the only protagonists of the Earthbound/Mother series who doesn't know any offensive PSI moves.

Does anyone want to hear the history behind each move?
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:03 pm

I think I'll use your Psi Shield idea, but probably not the others. And the FS is 8 Melodies.

EDIT: And the way 4th D Slip works is just like what you thought up, but he has an animation before he disappears.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Well I don't really know how your idea of PK Beam works, but it doesn't seem to impressive so you should use my PK Beam idea. Also, slingshot could work as smash/grab attacks (down smash, up smash, forward throw, up throw, and back throw) so you can replace the slingshot with another PK/PSI move.

Also, PSI Assist for a forward special refers to the fact that Niten could only cast PSI Assist abilites with PSI Recovery abilites. With another non offensive special, he would represent the fact that he can't cast any offensive PSI attack in his games. As a suggestion, his smash and aerial attacks should be completely physical attacks, no PSI attacks since he couldn't attack with PSI abilites in Mother 1. He will also have his bat in forward smash.

And how will the FS work?
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

He will start singing the 8 melodies and shock waves would come from him, it would be hard to dodge unless you are on a big stage, like Temple. And your idea works to, and thats a good idea, I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Which idea do you mean? Slingshot, PK Beam, PSI Assist, physical attacks, or all of them?

I may later research the 8 melodies and see if I can improve the FS. Also, if you need help on stats, then Ninten should be the weakest Earthbound character since he's not the offesive type (compared to those who can cast PSI Offensive moves). This would be made up with his speed as one of the fastest Earthbound characters.
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:13 pm

And he should also have high defense because he has all of those PSI moves that heal him and protect him. By the way Up Smash Ninten - Page 2 Nintenupsmash How doe it look?
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:41 pm

It looks good, but in order for it to be an up smash, he must be shooting directly up (like Snake's up smash). Looks good as a back throw though.

Good thinking, but defense in Super Smash Brothers. Brawl is weight. In order for him to have good defense, he must be heavyweight. He's a kid, I imagine him to weigh between light and medium, so that can't work.
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:45 pm

OK about the defense, but the way I did the Sling Shot fits as an Up Smash because Ness does the same thing with his yo-yo.

EDIT: New Animation, Up Tilt :Ninten - Page 2 Nintenuptilt

EDIT2: New animation, entrance :Ninten - Page 2 Nintenentrance
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:28 am

Ness preforms an "all around the world" yo-yo trick which have him swing his yo-yo in almost a 180 degree angle to attack directly above. Your animation assumes that he's firing in a 45 degree angle, which is diagnolly up and not an effective up smash.

Up Tilt: Is that PK Lightning? I though he was going to have nothing but physical attacks since he doesn't know any PSI Offensive moves or any PSI ability that harms an enemy in Mother 1. Please change it.

Entrence: Sorry, but I don't really like it. First of all, is he using PK Thunder appear? He doesn't know any PSI Offensive moves, so he shouldn't know PK Thunder. Also, how does PK Thunder make him appear. You need a new entrence all together and make them based on something reasonable that has an orgin.

Ness: PSI Teleport (based on a PSI Ability)
Lucas: Mr. Saturn (based on storyline) I think
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Origin*
And That entrance is really crappily animated.
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm

ShadowHunter: Its actually BrainShock, and yeah I just didn't want him to use 4thD Slip again. But I might just use Ness's entrance and edit it.

ShadowKirby: Why did you say Origin? (My spellchecker hates the sentences I just typed)
Back to top Go down
Be'knots Woundy Doom

Be'knots Woundy Doom

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:11 pm

You spelt origin 'orgin'.
That * means 'You spelt it wrong'.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:14 pm

ShadowKirby mensioned "origin" because I spelt "origin" wrong in my post. Also, I should let you know that PSI Assist, the part where he paralizes his oppenent, is Brainshock. The other effects were based on Hypnoses and Shield Off. Brain Shock shouln't be an up tilt becuase it doesn't cause any damage in his game and PSI Assist already covers that.

PSI Shield is PSI Shield, Powershield, and PSI Block combined to let you know. That's the origin of SSF2's PSI Shield's effects.
Back to top Go down
Be'knots Woundy Doom

Be'knots Woundy Doom

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:21 pm

mentioned*
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Ninten - Page 2 Nintenentrance Here's my go at a new entrance. How does it look? It's PK Teleport (Or PSI Teleport)
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Blitz Blast wrote:
Ninten - Page 2 Nintenentrance Here's my go at a new entrance. How does it look? It's PK Teleport (Or PSI Teleport)
Nope. Do it again.

He just runs there for a bit. No reason.
Just runs there.
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Chick In A Box

Chick In A Box

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

He just appears in front of the portal, which looks strange. How did Ninten move from place to place in Mother? I'd say go with that, as long as it wasn't 4-D Slip.
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm

He moves around with PSI Teleport.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:14 am

But PSI Teleport was taken by Ness. Come on, not even Ness's and Lucas's entrence were cloned. I'm sure there are better options that can be used. Just make the entrence until you or I figure out which one we should use.

Look for one of these when looking for an entrence idea:
Transport (Lucas's Mr. Saturn, Kirby's Warpstar, Wario's bike)
Warp or teleportation (don't use Ness's PSI Teleport or 4th D-Slip)
A save point or checkpoint (Samus's save station)
Appearing out of nowhere (Pokemon's Pokeball, Donkey Kong barrel)
Apperence or animation before battle starts (Pokemon's Pokeball, Snake's destroyed camouflage suit)

Please look for a better entrence idea and don't use Ness's PSI Teleport since they would be cloned. Using 4th D-Slip as an entrence isn't exciting too. Look for a new one or else let me do it.

Also, before we go any farther, you should brawlify the sprite.
If you wish, we can use this sprite. You need to ask for permission though. If you wish to use the sprite sheet, don't use the PK Beam (wrong animation) and PK Techno (is that even a move?).
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:39 pm

I think I will keep it unbrawlified. It differentiates him even more from Ness. And I think I made just have him ride in on the 6th melody dragon. But I can't sprite a dragon to save the Earth. You think you could do that part?
Back to top Go down
Blitz Blast

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:22 am

BUMP
Poll added, new up special added. And I figured out that his entrance will be him using the book he usss to get to Magicent.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 am

Blitz Blast wrote:
BUMP
Poll added, new up special added. And I figured out that his entrance will be him using the book he usss to get to Magicent.

So, Do you still need the Dragon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
Sponsored content

Ninten - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ninten   Ninten - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ninten
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next