SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

What shall Krystal's face design be?

Go down 
+5
Echo The Hedgehog
zilch
Kirbysmith [DJ]
ShadowKirby
ShadowHunter
9 posters

What game would Krystal's head look like in SSF2
Assualt version
What shall Krystal's face design be? I_vote_lcap85%What shall Krystal's face design be? I_vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Command version
What shall Krystal's face design be? I_vote_lcap15%What shall Krystal's face design be? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

What shall Krystal's face design be? Empty
PostSubject: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:32 pm

So in my Krystal expansion topic, everyone wants me to convert my current expansion sprites to Caby’s sprite. We have agreed on a few things, but there is one question that is unanswered, what Krystal head design shall I use. I have researched and saw that a decent amount of people wants to use Assault Krystal, despite the fact that Star Fox: Command was already out at the time. However others have chosen Command due to being her current design in the Star Fox games.

So what head of Krystal should we use? Her head from Assault or Command?

Assault
Spoiler:
Command
Spoiler:

Last edited by ShadowHunter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm not seeing much of a difference.
Just different palette.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 pm

She has a different hairdo, Command Krystal's head is slightly taller, she has a micophone in Command, her headband is thicker than Assault's, and the edge of her eye in Command is slightly more pointing down than Assault's.

Personally, I prefer Assault's since she is more reconizable to people and is more popular. Many people doesn't even know Command exsist. Kiki and Toryn agrees with me too.

But what do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 pm

I don't think you'll notice that difference on a sprite.
And how are her hair style and microphone part of her face?
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Well you'll notice her hair style is different. That's how you tell them apart.
All right, you got me. I'll change the title to "head."And I was talking about what's on her head. But you can forget about the microphone part.

Mind telling me what you vote for?
Back to top Go down
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

If more people are familiar with Assault, then use Assault.
Also, SSBB uses the Assault style in the smash taunt and in the trophy.

In one word, Assault.
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:01 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
Well you'll notice her hair style is different. That's how you tell them apart.
All right, you got me. I'll change the title to "head."And I was talking about what's on her head. But you can forget about the microphone part.

Mind telling me what you vote for?
The face thing won't be seen, if it's a slight difference.
Hair and other stuff is not the face.
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 pm

assault, i second
and don't forget... the ''head''.
Back to top Go down
Echo The Hedgehog

Echo The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 pm

assault
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola

Corka Cola

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Assault...
Back to top Go down
http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
SC

SC

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Even though I liked her face design a lot more in Command, but seeing as Assault is more familiar with people, it'd be best for Assault.
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Little known fact, style is JUS which means not that much detail can be put in the face. The only notable difference in the two will be hair length, which is very little, and the microphone. Assuming you mean the head and not the face.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:25 am

Caboose wrote:
Little known fact, style is JUS which means not that much detail can be put in the face. The only notable difference in the two will be hair length, which is very little, and the microphone. Assuming you mean the head and not the face.

Assualt
What shall Krystal's face design be? Krystalidlej
Command
What shall Krystal's face design be? Krystal

Unless the face on your sprite was sprited incorrectly, Krystal's head of Assualt and Command looks differently in terms of sprites. Look at their hair and face. There's a difference between Kiki's sprite and yours. It seems that it's possible to just take Kiki's sprite's head and paste it to your sprite's body, but make the head match the simular style as your sprite.

If you try to object this by saying that Kiki's sprite isn't JUS, then I will just say that I only have to make a few minor edits. Even if it doesn't make it completely JUS style, then it is best to strech a few things in order to make the sprite look good.

Just tell me how to make Kiki's Krystal head JUS like and I'll do my best to fix it (if you can't do this for me).
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 am

ShadowHunter wrote:

Assualt
Command
Holy shit I lol'd I based the head off Starfox Assault.
ShadowHunter wrote:
Unless the face on your sprite was sprited incorrectly, Krystal's head of Assualt and Command looks differently in terms of sprites. Look at their hair and face. There's a difference between Kiki's sprite and yours. It seems that it's possible to just take Kiki's sprite's head and paste it to your sprite's body, but make the head match the simular style as your sprite.
They're both in the same style. The only reason they look different would be because of the skill in the style.
ShadowHunter wrote:
If you try to object this by saying that Kiki's sprite isn't JUS, then I will just say that I only have to make a few minor edits. Even if it doesn't make it completely JUS style, then it is best to strech a few things in order to make the sprite look good.
Just tell me how to make Kiki's Krystal head JUS like and I'll do my best to fix it (if you can't do this for me).
They're both JUS and I don't care what you do to the sprite since Krystal isn't my character.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Crater

Crater

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:57 am

ShadowHunter wrote:
Assualt
Command
Command, now. That Assault sprite is shit.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:22 pm

卐 wrote:
ShadowHunter wrote:
Assualt
Command
Command, now. That Assault sprite is shit.
We're judging by 3-D character design, not sprites.

Caboose@ Fine with me. I'll have someone at Mcleodgaming to rate it and give constructive critism. Also, the hair on your sprite reminds me of Command for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What shall Krystal's face design be?   What shall Krystal's face design be? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What shall Krystal's face design be?
Page 1 of 1