SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

New Rules Maybe?

Go down 
+5
ShadowHunter
ShadowKirby
Corka Cola
shadowoftheolden
Ganonthegreat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 am

Could we have a rule that if an expansion hasn't been added to for 2 months without a good reason then the character can be started by someone else? Obviously fan characters will be the exception.

Also, could we make it that you can't claim without a good reason? I will do it soon not being a good enough reason. Either get off your backside and do it or risk it being taken by someone else.

Last edited by Ganonthegreat on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowoftheolden

shadowoftheolden

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 am

That sounds pretty fair
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola

Corka Cola

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Claim rules need to be established to enact order through these forums. No order has been established, therefore chaos reigns and nothing can get done here.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Corka Cola wrote:
Claim rules need to be established to enact order through these forums. No order has been established, therefore chaos reigns and nothing can get done here.
Claiming stuff means nothing, it never has, and it never will. People just started jumping up and saying that they claim a certain character.
The rules should be as follows:
1. Any one who gets to the Expansion first gets to make it. Unless, a more noted member wants to make it.
2. Instead of bawing when someone takes something you want, just help them do it instead of being a moron.
3. If a person has started something, they will most likely finish. If a person is no longer active or isn't particularly good at animating/spriting, sure take over.

Iunno, all of you should just shut up anyway.
Back to top Go down
Corka Cola

Corka Cola

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Quote :
Unless, a more noted member wants to make it.

This is the only thing I disagree with. I believe no one can get better unless they get critiqued and improve gradually over time. Just saying no without a reason will ruin any popularity you may gather from lower-classed members migrating over here or those already here and ruin some popularity for SSF2.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 am

I agree with Corka, but I also disagree with this "or isn't particularly good at animating/spriting, sure take over". If it isn't good it won't get accepted, so that's not really neccersary.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:21 am

I'm fine with ShadowKirby's rules as long as the member who wants to take the climed character ask for permission from the person who claimed it. I claimed my characters in order to preserve them in the future because I have other expansions to do and is busy. I was kind of mad to have 2 weeks of planning for Roy, Issac, and Lyn only to have them taken and unable to make them. And I also hate it when people takes stuff without permission. That will shatter hopes of making their character of their choice.

As I was saying, you need to ask for permission first. The claimer may hand over the chacrater, grant the asker permission to work on it as a group expansion, or deny it all together.

And why are we suggesting this rule. There haven't been any problems with claims at all that will lead to this. This will no doubt cause choas and many flame wars. This rule will lead to a giant disaster.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Crater

Crater

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 am

Except that the person who claimed it has no ownership of the character, and thus has no right to deny someone permission to make it.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 am

Crater wrote:
Except that the person who claimed it has no ownership of the character, and thus has no right to deny someone permission to make it.
But it doesn't belong to the asker, so they as well have no right to make it without warning or permission.

And I still ask why are we suggesting this rule? The claiming system have done no harm and kept everything in order while maintaining peace. With the claiming system gone, there will definitely be arguements and flame wars.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 am

Let's put it this way. Someone releases an awesome Ezio Auditore sheet. A n00b claims it and does nothing about it. When SSF2 eventually comes out they've missed out on a brilliant expansion because of the claim.

Basically, it's done no harm yet, but will in the long run.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 am

Then we have to prevent n00bs from claiming it.
Expansion Creator ranks perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

How would that work? It doesn't even have to be a n00b, just someone who forgets about it.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

Well first noobs have a low rank. Whatever they claim have to be started in no more than a week. Higher ranked people my take a full claim

Then someone who cares about the expansion could remind him by PM. Then one could ask for permission. They must declare when they are going to start it if they deny it. If they fail to start the expansion in the date they said or if a event pass, the person loses the claim and cannon claim it again in a week. This gives someone enough to take their claim and hold possession over the character. Or else someone who is inactive for 1 month (unless they declare that they will be inactive) could lose all claims they have.

Posting an expansion planning topic in Expansion Disscussion doesn't count and the person still have the claim. They must start it in 2 months after disscussion though.

What do you think?

Last edited by ShadowHunter on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
<Na>Suliboy
Admin
<Na>Suliboy

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am

Really guys. Use o's. Noob. NOOB. Using 0's makes you look retarded. YEAH THE INTERNET DOES IT. YEAH IT'S 1337 blah blah. You mean to use the sound of o's, so use them damnit.
If you're gonna rant about grammar and spelling, then at least stay within the bounds of it.

That's my rant of the day.

Anyway,
There are no claim rules so far. If someone wants to make it, let them. Then it's just up to EAT to accept or deny it. And if an expansion isn't worked on, if the user is still active and did not specifically cancel it, then they still have the right to keep it. For example: I have like 20 expansions that I havent worked on for months, but they're still in my list.
Back to top Go down
https://expansionsuncut.forumotion.com/index.htm
<Na>Suliboy
Admin
<Na>Suliboy

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am

Really guys. Use o's. Noob. NOOB. Using 0's makes you look retarded. YEAH THE INTERNET DOES IT. YEAH IT'S 1337 blah blah. You mean to use the sound of o's, so use them damnit.
If you're gonna rant about grammar and spelling, then at least stay within the bounds of it.

That's my rant of the day.

Anyway,
There are no claim rules so far. If someone wants to make it, let them. Then it's just up to EAT to accept or deny it. And if an expansion isn't worked on, if the user is still active and did not specifically cancel it, then they still have the right to keep it. For example: I have like 20 expansions that I havent worked on for months, but they're still in my list.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 am

So does this mean that we can't claim and have to start an expansion immeditly.

Can we simpily just post a few animations for it, abandon it and work on the current expansion, and get back to work on it when the time is right?

If so, there is no way to preserve a character.
Back to top Go down
<Na>Suliboy
Admin
<Na>Suliboy

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 am

There's always a way. If you plan to work on it, its your responsibility to finish it. If you know you won't, then you leave it open for other people to claim it.
And it's not like SSF2 will come out soon enough to even give expansion makers a deadline.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 am

So you can claim a character and hold it for a long as you like, as long as you have plans on finishing it?

This sounds reasonable, I like this plan.
Ganon, any opinions?
Back to top Go down
Ungrateful Dead

Ungrateful Dead

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 am

Lol, Suli double posted :3
Back to top Go down
<Na>Suliboy
Admin
<Na>Suliboy

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am

School computer, Vader. It lags and therefore sometimes resends messages.
Also, you're gay. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ungrateful Dead

Ungrateful Dead

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am

Right back at you.
Anyway, where were we.
Ah yes, claims.
I don't think we need to institute any rules about claims, and that you should use your best judgement when over-ruling a claim. If the person who claimed it is an active member, who is constantly contributing to the forums, there is no need to question their claims. On the other hand, someone who comes on once in a while and rarely or never contributes to the forums, or screws everything up when they do, its probably best to ignore their claims.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

I still don't like Suli's idea, it's easy to commit to something and not do it.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I still don't like Suli's idea, it's easy to commit to something and not do it.
And with your rule, it's so hard to maintain your claims and the only solution is to do them all at once. That's like about more than 10 expansions ShadowKirby have to create, more than 30 expansions for me to maintain, over 60 expansions for Suli to update, and for everyone else, and everyone else, more than 2 or 3 expansions to maintain (a lot of members does't like doing that at all).

I oppose your plan to give a deadline claim date and fill this forum with dead topics of expansion when you could fully supports Suli's idea (or if you wish, combine Vader's, I dedicate a lot of my internet life on expansions) and not cause panic to many members about deadlines.
Back to top Go down
Crater

Crater

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Or you could just not claim and work on one damn character at a time. /radical idea
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Or, you could all stop this stupid claiming thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rules Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules Maybe?   New Rules Maybe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rules Maybe?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut :: Forum Topic :: Forum Ideas/Suggestions-
Jump to: