SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Arthur, The Astral Hero

Go down 
+17
iKinkajou
Augkl64
Amamihe
James Bonder
Proton
Copy'n'Paste
Mr. guy
Dark Lord
Caby
Berserk Inferno
Friesnchip
Ganonthegreat
Tengu Man
ShadowKirby
Silvermark
Kennypwnage
zilch
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

which icon
first
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
second
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Copy'n'Paste

Copy'n'Paste

Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 pm

"Problems, problems, problems, don't you have anything good to say?"

No news is good news, Zilch. Right now, the things that I may critique you on is;
-The cape, on many animations, seems to be made of cardboard at some places, except if it's made to be that way, but then it wouldn't be as smooth on the other animations. Take the idle. The cave curves at the side/upwards, and sticks that way. It should be falling down straight. Only in movement does the cape move itself.
-On the taunt, as he moves back one pixel, he also needs to move his left (our right) leg, or else it's anatomically incorrect. Although I do like the blue magic effects...
-On the neutral one-hit, there's something which is really wrong to my eyes. When Arthur pulls back (rewind), he points his sword forwards as a spear. Until there, it's alright. Although, then the motion blur comes. There needs to be one (two better) in-betweeners to move the sword to the motion blur point. And if the arm holding the sword moves that far, there needs to be a pixel-otation to the torso to make it more real.
-In the combo, his legs are unnaturally stable for swings which are that fast with a gigantic longsword. The cape always moves in the same way, whilst the movements he does wouldn't not let the cape move as such.
-In neutral special normal attack, Arthur is one pixel shaky. In the neutral special up, there are some leftover white pixels. In neutral special down, if Arthur digs his sword that far into the ground, it's technically impossible to cleave it out as he does in the animation without the use of the magic in charge neutral special down.

All in all, yes, the animations are smooth, although most of them require slight fixing. But it's that work which makes your character feel good. I quite like this expansion for the originality... It's not like the others, who cannot plan attacks just because they're too lazy to sprite them.
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

well, the preview is done
and done
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Arth10
also i've fixed some of the problems previously mentioned by CnP
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Neutra23
now this one looks more possible
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Neutra24
this one is now balanced
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Neutra26
no stray pixels on sight
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Combo_12
cape unneeded was removed, and the unstability is not a problem since the status of my character is that he uses his energy to fortify his physical qualities so that he can swing that longsword as if it were a short weapon.
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Taunt_11
well, the back problems are removed, though i also added some more changes that are hard to distinguish, nevermind it is done.
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Neutra27
though there seem to have no change at all, you can see that the energy on his blade disipates with more smoothness that before, also the cape movement was added to make it look more powerful since this one is like arthur's strongest attack due to gis damage rate.
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Idle_h11
not much changes really on this one, guess i really don't mind changing it

at the end i greatly thank Copy&paste for his dedication on critique, that helped me figure the problems,
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 pm

well, got another update, is the down special and is literally blasting
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Bomber10Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Bomb10 example::Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Bomber11
this attack forms a energy ball highly volatile in front of his left leg(yep, he is lefty) when he moves forwards he will kick the ball, after 8 seconds from the release of the ball or after having direct contact with the bomb will make explosion dealing nice damage, if arthur is hit by the bomb he takes damage as well but after he does he gets his charge.
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Blast10blast 1:goes when an enemy touches the bomb, does high damage and knockback
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Blast210blast 2:goes when the time limit of the bomb has expired, the bomb explodes doing low damage and mid knockback, no knockback to the user though
the kick animation is yet to be done
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm

got another update that will blow you away, twice
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Exa3Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Exa2thogh i don't know which one to use.
Back to top Go down
Friesnchip

Friesnchip

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Looks good, looks good... but I have two things to say.

1) The hair in the preview is really stiff. I mean, do you know how much gel would be needed to keep his hair standing on end like that? It's shaded well but looks very unnatural.

2) Could you please start using capitalization and punctuation? Please? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://friesnchip.deviantart.com/
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:28 am

zilch wrote:
well, the preview is done
and done
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Arth10

For awegasmepic shading, you still need a few anatomy lessons.
The not-resting-on-his-waist arm is sticking out too far, making him have gigantic shoulders.
Just move the not-resting-on-his-waist arm closer to the body
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Cuccio's right also, other than the whole anatomy thing, his armor looks a little iffy to me. I'm not sure how to explain it other than saying I don't think it should tilt like that or be that jagged.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
James Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:47 pm

This expansion is great, the importance you gave for Arthur's neutral special make his moveset very original . Smile

But I got confuse about how his neutral special works.

Does it start charging if the special attack key is pressed or hold?
And what is needed to stop the charging, does it stop itself when fully-charged?
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:16 pm

well, i'm still working on the mechanism and yes, it starts charging once is pressed an as long as it's hold and yes, it stops once the charge is done.
Back to top Go down
Berserk Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Kennypwnage wrote:
Love it
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:56 pm

well, luckyly i have returned to the duty and i was able to upload this!
is the new attack
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Celast10
down special, when charged arthur performs a special pose in which he can parry an attack and hit automatically, if done right the counter attack wil connect into a midair combo that deals a lot of damage and will reset charge time, if done wrong arthur will instantly lose the charge and will perform a weak combo which
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Celast12
the rest of the combo is not done yet but i tell you it'll look nice

this is also the strongest attack of arthur and is hard to perform, but by being lighter when charged means the opponent might just try his luck, the normal down special as mentioned when not charged it is a special bomb planting attack
Back to top Go down
Amamihe

Amamihe

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Dude, Arthur is awesome. You did an extremely great job.
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:45 pm

amamihe wrote:
Nice bump
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:03 pm

Tengu Man wrote:
amamihe wrote:
Nice bump

Tengu, the post above his was by Zilch today.
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Proton wrote:
Tengu Man wrote:
amamihe wrote:
Nice bump

Tengu, the post above his was by Zilch today.
Yeah.
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

complete, it now only needs decoration.
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Celast15
as i already mentioned this attack has some restrictions and requieres skill in playing to get it to work but it's totttaly worth hit, because with this attack yiu will deal a lot of damage.
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:02 pm

That's gonna be pretty cool.

Last edited by ShadowKirby on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:03 pm

ShadowKirby wrote:
That's gonna be pretty cool.
Yep :]
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Hurt10
hurt animation has been sprited...
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 am

zilch wrote:
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 Hurt10
hurt animation has been sprited...

Looks awesome Zilch. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:05 pm

WORK!!!
Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 2kick10
this is the dow smash/tilt
the first kick is the tilt, after mapping the down directional button and the smash button you can automatically perform the down smash, this is one attack that doesn't involve the sword but nonetheless its a strong attack. the second kick can be automaticlly done in the down smash.
Back to top Go down
Augkl64

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Ok... I love this expansion... And I know the creator of it!

EDIT:

... I think you don't deserve my bad english...

Last edited by Augkl64 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iKinkajou

iKinkajou

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Augkl64 wrote:
Ok... My question is... No one... Super! I hope you get happiness with that... Smile

Can someone translate this?

Also, I love the sound of the D-Tilt/D-Smash.
Back to top Go down
ShadowGizoid87

ShadowGizoid87

Location : Where you're sitting right now if you're reading this message.

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:59 pm

This is the best expansion I've seen!
I just wanted to point out that the damage animation is a little bit shaky.
The feet need to be aligned more.
But I couldn't love this expansion more.
You need to work for a gaming company, they could totally use your AMAZING sprites.
Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
zilch

zilch

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 pm

ShadowGizoid87 wrote:
This is the best expansion I've seen!
I just wanted to point out that the damage animation is a little bit shaky.
The feet need to be aligned more.
But I couldn't love this expansion more.
You need to work for a gaming company, they could totally use your AMAZING sprites.
Keep it up!
Lol thanks, it means alot.
And yes, i've seen that problem already and i got it solved, wait for me to re-post it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arthur, The Astral Hero   Arthur, The Astral Hero - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arthur, The Astral Hero
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next