SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

A possible new claim system

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

Location : Hiding under a cardboard box whilst on a secret mission

A possible new claim system Empty
PostSubject: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Some people say it's abolished, others still stick to it. The question is, what is our claim system?

The way I see it, when used properly, claims are ok. The problem isn't claims themselves, it's people abusing them. Take this situation for instance.

Some user: Alright, here are all the expansions that I claim: "insert list of twenty-plus characters".

Months later: No progress has been made.

That is a problem. We can't just have people claiming huge lists of characters, thus preventing other people from starting them, and then ending up not making any of them at all.

However, I think with some proper guidelines in place, the system can work. This is what I propose:

1. Users who have not started any expansions are allowed to claim one character as a future project.
2. If, six weeks after the date of the claim, no progress has been made, the character is once again up for grabs.
3. Users who have started at least one expansion may claim one character as a future project.
4. However, their claim will only become invalid if said user goes inactive for a month without warning.
5. Users with at least one completed expansion may claim up to two characters as future projects.
6. Rule 4. applies for these users as well.

Of course, these ideas are for normal users, as I'm assuming EAT would have more privileges. And once again, these are only ideas, I don't want to tell anyone how to run their forum. So, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://brikmaster.on.toribash.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:41 am

Or we could just not have claims, I don't see any reason why we need them.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 am

I agree with Ganon thar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
Brikwarrior

Brikwarrior

Location : Hiding under a cardboard box whilst on a secret mission

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:32 am

Agreed, the problem is that we don't have anything telling people that the claim system is abolished for good. It's just people posting every now and again: "claims no longer exist".

What we need is either a spot in the rules saying " Claims are invalid. Claiming a character you want to make will do nothing for you. You must start it to be recognized. Do not complain about having already claimed a character if someone else starts it." or something like that.

Or, a claim system that actually works. Either would be fine in my opinion. Just so we don't have people saying "I already claimed that" and other people saying "claims don't exist" and not going anywhere from there. If we had something we could link to to prove that claims are indeed no longer recognized by this community, then that would be great.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://brikmaster.on.toribash.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 am

Abolished? It was never in the rules.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Abolished? It was never in the rules.
But people follwed it as if it was a rule.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Doesn't really matter since any character can be made in a different style.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A possible new claim system   A possible new claim system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A possible new claim system
Page 1 of 1