SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

So I'm making Lil' Mac

Go down 
+8
Nineveh Kisike
Dark Lord
AEM
Caby
HyperSonic92
Kirbysmith [DJ]
Proton
Ganonthegreat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

So I'm making Lil' Mac Empty
PostSubject: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:14 pm

I found an old sprite I made, so I'm making it an expansion (Yes, it is JUS)

I need a moveset, I have Neutral Special and Down Special concepts, but I have no idea for the rest.

Neutral Special: Star Punch
This is his most powerful punch, but to use it you need star points. To get star points (You can hold a max of 3) you need to either land your Down Special, dodge an attack or KO an opponent. The star points are represented by stars above your head. The more star points you have the more powerful the attack, no matter how many you have, all the star points you accumulate vanish, even if you miss.

Down Special: Lucky Punch
This is his counter, basically he dodges, and if a foe attacks you then you go in for an uppercut which awards a star point and causes the foe to enter the stunned position.

This is the moveset so far. Also, because this is going to be really tough, do you guys think it would ruin the character if he uses kick's?
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Coo. But I could be a dick and say I started it on the old forum already.
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

What's the final smash going to be? Because if Giga Bowser is going to be in SSF2, it might not be a good idea to use Giga Mac… that is, unless you know what you're doing.

BTW, Cuccio, don't bother. ShadowHunter was already on this.
Hey, GTG, maybe you could ask SH if he wants to do a conglomerate project Lil' Mac with you.
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Giga Mac seems to be the best option so far.

As for SH, when did he say that he's making him, and did he have progress?

@Caby: Link?
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

He did have a moveset planned. But I suppose that isn't a major factor
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 pm

If that's all then I have more done.
Back to top Go down
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Your right. At least you actually have a sprite to work with.
I still think you two should join forces.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I'll probably use his Side and Up Specials, I have nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
It's funny how I didn't post in here before.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
It's funny how I didn't post in here before.
I'm pretty sure he meant Cuccio. Don't know why he typed Caby.
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Kirbysmith [DJ] wrote:

BTW, Cuccio, don't bother. ShadowHunter was already on this.
Hey, GTG, maybe you could ask SH if he wants to do a conglomerate project Lil' Mac with you.

Old Topic, Expansion Topic deleted when closed.

Sure, its shit and I don't care for expansions anymore,
but being a dick is fun.

Last edited by Cuccio on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
AEM

AEM

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Up Special
Star Uppercut
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, before you start talking about your expanrection project how about we see the sprite so we can deem whether it is shit or alright.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:43 am

So I'm making Lil' Mac Mac25
Here it is.

And Star Uppercut seems very similar to Star Punch, that's if it gets rid of the star points, if not it sounds like it gains one, and I don't want to make getting star poins easy, due to the power of the punch.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 am

I like it Ganon. But for some reason the boxing glove's shading looks wrong to me. :/ The lighting makes it look more like cubes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 am

I don't see a way I can change the shading, since the gloves are so smooth.
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Well for one the sprite makes him look small, way too small. His shoulder is screwed up, hair is horrible, looks like you pasted his upper body too far to the right, shoes are meh, and his arm is going into the glove :/

Lemme see if I can crap a sprite and post it.

K crap done:
So I'm making Lil' Mac Macn

Last edited by Caboose on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nineveh Kisike

Nineveh Kisike

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Well for one the sprite makes him look small, way too small. His shoulder is screwed up, hair is horrible, looks like you pasted his upper body too far to the right, shoes are meh, and his arm is going into the glove :/

I'm pretty sure he's meant to be small...

And the right pant leg (our left) is slanted.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm

He's quite small in Brawl. As well as in the original games.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Nineveh Kisike wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Yeah he is.

And the leg looks alright to me.
Back to top Go down
Nineveh Kisike

Nineveh Kisike

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:35 pm

I mean the pant leg, the actual leg is fine. The pant leg looks like it's up too high, and thus slanted.
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Nineveh Kisike wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Yeah he is.

I'm sure little mac isn't supposed to be slightly larger than a kid, and even if he is that sprite still has way too many problems.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:51 am

Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Nineveh Kisike wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Yeah he is.

I'm sure little mac isn't supposed to be slightly larger than a kid, and even if he is that sprite still has way too many problems.
Such as?

So I'm making Lil' Mac Assist10_071018c-l
This is how small he is, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 pm

So you're making Little Mac? Well since the claim system is removed, I cannot object to this, so I can only hope that you make this expansion the very best it could be. I would think twice before starting this because. . .

*Looks at date AEM last updated Sukapon*

I don't want any Punch-Out fans disappointed for lack of quality or delays.

Yeah, the sprite should look more like Little Mac.

As for the moveset, his attributes is slightly overpowered. If all you have to do is dodge and KO, you could get 20 stars in 45 seconds. I would also like to point out that no character could do that, so he has the great advantage over many and it's not best to make him so "unique." Also, how do you gain stars for dodging or knocking out someone in any of the Punch-Out games? You need to make your moveset more cameo to his games.

Any non-punching attack would ruin Little Mac. He's a boxer, not a ninja. You don't have to make him kick though sicne even I made an entire moveset (including smashes and aerials) to have him do nothing but punching.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:09 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
So you're making Little Mac? Well since the claim system is removed, I cannot object to this, so I can only hope that you make this expansion the very best it could be. I would think twice before starting this because. . .

*Looks at date AEM last updated Sukapon*

I don't want any Punch-Out fans disappointed for lack of quality or delays.

Yeah, the sprite should look more like Little Mac. Any way I can improve it?

As for the moveset, his attributes is slightly overpowered. If all you have to do is dodge and KO, you could get 20 stars in 45 seconds. I would also like to point out that no character could do that, so he has the great advantage over many and it's not best to make him so "unique." Also, how do you gain stars for dodging or knocking out someone in any of the Punch-Out games? You need to make your moveset more cameo to his games.
I can't see any other ways that I can make it more canon, dodging and punching is what he does so to force the player to use it would be cool. Also Star Punch isn't as overpowered as you'd think, it's more powerful that the Falcon Punch, but nowhere near FS power.

Any non-punching attack would ruin Little Mac. He's a boxer, not a ninja. You don't have to make him kick though sicne even I made an entire moveset (including smashes and aerials) to have him do nothing but punching.
It's not that I can't think of ideas, it's that there's a lack of good bases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I'm making Lil' Mac
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next