SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

So I'm making Lil' Mac

Go down 
+8
Nineveh Kisike
Dark Lord
AEM
Caby
HyperSonic92
Kirbysmith [DJ]
Proton
Ganonthegreat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Make the face look more like Little Mac, I couldn't identify it if I haven't seen the topic's name or his body. Plus, I think I saw that face before. Also, fix the hairduo, it doesn't really look like Little Mac's

First, I would avoid adding custom effects to a special. Just gain a star from down special and that's it. I would try my best to make it the most cameo Little Mac as I can, but preserve the epicness and balance the character. I do not think that you should give him a powerful attribute when no Brawl character has one.

Good bases? I do not know what you mean, but if you mean origin, I can explain. Brawl sometimes uses custom moves to fill in smash and aerial spots. However, they do this while preserving the style of the character. Do not give him kicks. You can only do that if there's a game where he learns kickboxing.

I know that there's a better FS than Giga Mac. It only appeared in one game, and the transformation isn't even possible in Carrer mode. Please consider the popularitiy and importance of the move from Punch-Out before you give the move an important role in SSF2.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:02 pm

It's possible that Mac could have learned kickboxing. In Ness' trophy, it said that Poo taught him PK Fire, Thunder, and PSI Magnet, which gives an explanation as to how Ness learns them.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:10 pm

HyperSonic92 wrote:
It's possible that Mac could have learned kickboxing. In Ness' trophy, it said that Poo taught him PK Fire, Thunder, and PSI Magnet, which gives an explanation as to how Ness learns them.
Yeah, we don't want to result to that. It would ruin Little Mac's image as a boxer. As I said before, I created a moveset that doesn't have him kick or any non-boxing move.

So Ganon, do you need any help with this expansion. I could be your partner and have Little Mac as a group expansion project. I may even give you tips on how to create better moveset. So what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:26 am

ShadowHunter wrote:
Make the face look more like Little Mac, I couldn't identify it if I haven't seen the topic's name or his body. Plus, I think I saw that face before. Also, fix the hairduo, it doesn't really look like Little Mac's JUS faces are the one thing I really suck at, feel free to give it a try.

First, I would avoid adding custom effects to a special. Just gain a star from down special and that's it. I would try my best to make it the most cameo Little Mac as I can, but preserve the epicness and balance the character. I do not think that you should give him a powerful attribute when no Brawl character has one.
Just the Down Special sounds fine.

Good bases? I do not know what you mean, but if you mean origin, I can explain. Brawl sometimes uses custom moves to fill in smash and aerial spots. However, they do this while preserving the style of the character. Do not give him kicks. You can only do that if there's a game where he learns kickboxing.
That's not what I mean, I mean the only two JUS characters that look like Lil' Mac hardly ever punch, there is the odd punch, and one that would be perfect for the Star Punch, but that's no things like uppercuts, aireals, things like that. I could custom, but it's going to take awhile.

I know that there's a better FS than Giga Mac. It only appeared in one game, and the transformation isn't even possible in Carrer mode. Please consider the popularitiy and importance of the move from Punch-Out before you give the move an important role in SSF2.
I'm reluctant to change this, if you come up with a better concept then fine, but as of now he stays.

HyperSonic92 wrote:
Nah, he's a boxer, that's it.

ShadowHunter wrote:
HyperSonic92 wrote:
Yeah, we don't want to result to that. It would ruin Little Mac's image as a boxer. As I said before, I created a moveset that doesn't have him kick or any non-boxing move.

So Ganon, do you need any help with this expansion. I could be your partner and have Little Mac as a group expansion project. I may even give you tips on how to create better moveset. So what do you say?
Sure, could you try a Lil' Mac head, and try shading the gloves? That's all I'm strugling with.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:37 am

I always thought that you were he better spriter, but I'll give it a try. I won't be focusing on making it JUS styled, but make it more like Little Mac. I'll see if we could use better sprites.

I do have a better idea for the Star Punch, but you would have to see my moveset.

So editing is the problem? Here's a tip: Never allow the sprite sheet limit your moveset or the way you work. Think outside the box, all you have to do is edit and you will have a really good attack to form a really good character. In fact, allow me to be the one to do the spriting. I prove to be fine at it and I never complain about this way I work. I would also like to point out that not every expansion made have to be in the style of JUS. Look at my Tetra/Toon Zelda, she's not JUS but she is one of the most popular expansions I created. You even complemented it to be "badass."

Well anyway, here's my moveset.

Little Mac
Spoiler:
[/quote]

History behing Little Mac's moveset.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:35 pm

I suppose I could try a non-JUS character, the moveset seems fine. You didn't have to go through all the trouble of explaining the moveset, I own both Punch-Out!! on the NES and Punch-Out!! on the Wii.

How about you try a custom Lil' Mac and I try aswell, we compare the two and see which one to work on.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Well first, tell me what do you think about Little Mac's forward special. Also, do you want to keep Giga Mac or use my final smash idea, Knockout Combo?

Little Mac's Forward Special
Spoiler:

History behind Little Mac's forward special (in case you don't know where it's from)
Spoiler:

Because of the fact that I'm a terrible custom spriter, I will just use another Little Mac sprite (under the creator's permission) and edit it to be at it's very best. I will then post it here, okay Ganon?

So you have Punch Out? Awesome, you can help improve the moveset since you know a lot more about Punch-Out (like boxers, moves, stats, ect.) than I do. With our skills combine (you are also an SSF2 dev), we may create the best Little Mac expansion we can.
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:19 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
Well first, tell me what do you think about Little Mac's forward special. Also, do you want to keep Giga Mac or use my final smash idea, Knockout Combo?

Spoiler:

History behind Little Mac's forward special (in case you don't know where it's from)
Spoiler:

Because of the fact that I'm a terrible custom spriter, I will just use another Little Mac sprite (under the creator's permission) and edit it to be at it's very best. I will then post it here, okay Ganon?

So you have Punch Out? Awesome, you can help improve the moveset since you know a lot more about Punch-Out (like boxers, moves, stats, ect.) than I do. With our skills combine (you are also an SSF2 dev), we may create the best Little Mac expansion we can.

For the record, he has 5 attacks.
Right jab, Left jab, Right uppercut, Left uppercut and Star uppercut.
That's it.
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Strike not stike.
Back to top Go down
http://crystaleclipse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:50 am

ShadowHunter wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't know, I've always pictured that as the combo.

And feel free to use another Little Mac sprite.

EDIT: I did what I can for a new Little Mac.
So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 Lilmac20
I'm terrible at heads, so I skipped it.
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:30 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:

You seem to also be terrible at bodies, too.

:1
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Ungrateful Dead

Ungrateful Dead

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:36 am

Cuccio wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

You seem to also be terrible at bodies, too.

:1
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:46 am

Spriting is really not my strong point...

I'm good at spriting if I have something to work with, but with a blank canvas I suck.
Back to top Go down
Be'knots Woundy Doom

Be'knots Woundy Doom

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Quote :
Yeah, heads are unimportant anyway.

Last edited by SomebodyUDon'tKnow on Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ungrateful Dead

Ungrateful Dead

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:09 pm

SomebodyUDon'tKnow wrote:
I'm terrible at heads, so I skipped it.[ /quote]

lrn2quote
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Ungrateful Dead wrote:
SomebodyUDon'tKnow wrote:
I'm terrible at heads, so I skipped it.[ /quote]

lrn2quote
icwutudidthar
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKgLNXOr070
I just watched this guys moveset, and other than him being a royal douchebag he had some good ideas for a moveset. Here it basically is.

Neutral Special: Hook (A one, two combo that draws the opponent in.)
Side Special: Jab (Another one, two combo that instead pushed the foe away.)
Up Special: Uppercut (Self explanatory)
Down Special: Block (He covers his head, if he's hit then he dashes forward striking the foe once, stunning him)
FS: Star Punch (Like Marth's FS Critical Hit, but more powerful and he doesn't dash forward.)
Grab: He grab's the foe using a two punch hook sandwich. See Bear Hugger.
Smashes & Tilts: Nothing but punches.
Back to top Go down
Caby

Caby

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Love it, probably one of the most generic boxer move sets out there.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Caboose wrote:
Love it, probably one of the most generic boxer move sets out there.
Sure it's generic, but it does fit well with the technique of Little Mac.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I’ve seen that video before a long time ago, and that man do have ideas. However I do dislike a few things about his idea of Little Mac’s moveset. It’s way too simple, there’s nothing special about it. I really don’t think Punch Out fans are going to be impressed by a special that just works like only a combo attack. Come on, Pikachu, Fox, Falco, Kirby, and many others can do the same thing by just using the combo button. There isn’t even a special effect that happens, supporting the fact that it’s smash/aerial material type of attack. Like you said Ganon, I always imagined it as a combo. I would also like to say that we have a whole moveset of smashed and aerials to fill up. Why fill the special moves spots with such simple move rather than filling up netrual combo and other smash attacks. Only down special seems to be a good one that should be considered of using, despite that we already came up with a counter type of move.

It is pretty suitable to Little Mac, but that type of move will be more suitable to smash and aerial moves rather than specials.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:24 am

Ok, so then so far we have this.

N Special: Star Punch
S Special: One, Two Combo
U Special: Power Uppercut
Down Special: Star Gain
Final Smash: Giga Mac/Undecided
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:17 am

Sounds good Ganon.

Giga Mac will be epic. Lol. When Little Mac is on the ground (Dead Animation), Referee Mario should appear and start counting to 10. When he counts to 10, he just disappears. But who leaves it to 10 anyways? Lol.

So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 Mario_ref

Yeah?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:38 am

We'll probably make that an easter egg or something.
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:09 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
We'll probably make that an easter egg or something.

'K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
AEM

AEM

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:09 am

Dark Lord wrote:
Sounds good Ganon.

Giga Mac will be epic. Lol. When Little Mac is on the ground (Dead Animation), Referee Mario should appear and start counting to 10. When he counts to 10, he just disappears. But who leaves it to 10 anyways? Lol.

So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 Mario_ref

Yeah?
NO,
That Should Be the Lose, and for the win The Ref should say the winner is Mac! Or, TKO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm making Lil' Mac   So I'm making Lil' Mac - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I'm making Lil' Mac
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next