SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)

Go down 
+15
ShadowKirby
Be'knots Woundy Doom
SC
Caby
Chick In A Box
Tengu Man
Ganonthegreat
bandiboy123
Proton
Ungrateful Dead
ArgorokKing
James Bonder
Nineveh Kisike
Flash Guy
Door Key Pig
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Acception
Yup
Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_vote_lcap65%Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
Nope
Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_vote_lcap35%Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Empty
PostSubject: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:07 am

HyperSonic gave me permission to improve him (Cristian Cisternas is gone anyway) so here he is. Here's some things I'm going to change:
1. Lack of Aku Aku. I'm going to make an animation of Aku Aku so programmers can edit the animations so Aku Aku follows him.
2. Idle? Should I change it so he blinks now and then? And I'm going to put some waiting animations in.
3. Run. Instead of his original run/walk he's going to have an actual run, being quite fast.
4. Taunt? Not really a Taunt is it?
5. Some of the smashes. They're all crystals and there could probably be some better ideas.
6. Grab and Back Throw. There's going to be a minor edit on the grab and I might change the back throw so he reverses in his kart instead.
7. Final Smash and Kirby Final Smash attack. He's going to be a Final form, like he was in the old games. He still might be invincible, but his moves wouldn't be as strong to balance it out.
And there are some little other things to change too, but I've already made a bit of a list here.

Credit to: A. J. Nitro & Hoeloe

[F] = Finished
[W] = Work In Progress
[S] = Sprited
[X] = N/A
[] = not started

Motions

1.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Idly10]Idle
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku11]Aku Aku Idle (Entrance: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku10 Aku Aku hovers behind Crash)(Sound effect for Entrance: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
00.[]Waiting Animation 1 (happens after a little while)
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_taunt]Waiting Animation 2 (happens a little while after the first)
2.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_run]Walk
3.[]Run/Dash (Crash Dash)
4.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_jump]Jump (Sound Effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
00.[]Double Jump (Sound Effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
5.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_fall]Fall
6.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_land-1]Land
7.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_damageCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_12]Damage (slow down the start on burn damage in game if needed)
8.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashk11]Knockback (only loop last frame)(Woah! sound effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
9.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_dead]Dead
10.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_10]Get up
11.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_hang]Hang
12.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_doublejump]Recover from Hang (Sound Effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
13.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashc10Hold:Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashc11Get up:Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashc12]Crouch
14.[]Guard
15.[]Taunt
16.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_win-1]Win
17.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_lose]Lose (Woah! sound effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
18.[(Glides down from top of the screen)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Jetpac10When he reaches ground:Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) T2t10Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasht11]Entrance (might replace)

Smashes

19.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_Neutral]Neutral (will replace)
20.[]Combo
21.[]Up Smash
22.[]Side Smash
23.[]Down Smash
24.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_dash]Dash Attack (Sound effect needed)

Specials

25.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_DownSpecial]Neutral Special (can be extended through rapidly pressing the buttons and when rappidly pressed in air helps Crash float in mid-air for something like 2 seconds)(Sound Effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_DownSpecial]Neutral Special In Air (same)
26.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_forwardspecial]Side Special
27.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasht10Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasht12Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Jetpac10(Loop previous animation for as long as needed)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) T2t10Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasht11(Last two animations are for when he reaches ground again)]Up Special
28.[ Get Out
IdleCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashb12
Lazer (basically a thin red line the size and straightness of the top grey part on the bazooka)
Aim Ring (this is at the end of the lazer and can be moved through the W,A,S,D buttons)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasha11
Red Aim Ring (the aim ring turns red whenever it's over a opponent/item/anything else that takes effect when hit, like those destructible platforms in Pit's stage)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasha10
Aiming upwards (when the ring goes above the normal bazooka position)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashb10(sorry it only plays once)(reverse and cut for other aim animations)
Aiming downwards (like the above, but when the ring goes lower then the normal bazooka position)
Shoot
Wumpa ProjectileCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashw10(resize in game so it fits in bazooka)
Explosion
Smoke (comes out the back of the bazooka)
Black Ring (like the smoke, b ut comes out a little later)
Put Away
(basicly, it does what it does in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozsfZn8KYHk)
]Down Special

Aerials

29.[]Neutral Aerial (possibly Jetpack spin or Aireal Kick)
30.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_upaireal]Up Aerial (will change to propeller pack if I can rip the sprites)
31.[]Forward Aerial (possibly Hoverbike)
32.[]Back Aerial (possibly turns into an angel and hits backward or Jetpack spin if Aireal Kick is chosen)
33.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_downairealCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_10]Down Aerial (Sound effect needed)

Grabs

34.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashg10]Grab
35.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) GrabAttack]Pummel
36.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_Upwardthrow]Up Throw (might replace)
37.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_jumpCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_downairealCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_10]Down Throw (Sound effect for jumping: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )(Sound effect for belly flop needed)
38.[Aku Aku disappearing from current place before animation: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku13Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Forwardtrow Aku Aku reappearing in original place: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku10]Forward Throw (Aku Aku Sound for whenever he reappears: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
39.[Aku Aku Disappears from current locationCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku13Reappearing in front of CrashCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku10Aku Aku grabbing opponentCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku14Crash jumping into kart while it appearsCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_doublejumpKart appearingCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Kartap10Kart Idle/reversing (will post better reversing)Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Kartre10Kart disappearingCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Kartva10Aku Aku disappearing when Kart reaches opponentCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku13Crash jumping out when attack is overCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_jumpLandCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_land-1Aku Aku reappearing when attack is over Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku10]Back Throw (First, Aku Aku disappears from his current place and reappears in front of Crash and takes over from grabbing the opponent while Crash jumps forward into his kart after it appears and reverses into the opponent before Aku Aku disappears again. While Crash jumps out of the kart the kart disappears Aku Aku then appears in his normal place while Crash lands.)(Aku Aku sound effect for whenever he reappears: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501)

Other

40.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasto10]Stock
41.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Roll]Roll
42.[]Kirby Attack
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash-10]Kirby Hat
43.[]Stunned
44.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashi10]Series Icon
45.[]Selection
46.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crashp10]Preview
47.[]Trophies
classicCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Classi11(PoketStation Crash game, credit to Fake Nina)
adventureCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Advent11
all-starCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) All-st10
final smash
48.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_reviveplataformCrash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_revivebarrelbreak]Revival Platform (Crate break sound effect: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )
49.[]Damage Meter
50.[(see next post)]Final Smash

Tilts

51.[]Up Tilt
52.[]Side Tilt
53.[]Down Tilt

Extras

54.[]Climbing Ladder
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crasht10]Turning To Face Ladder
55.[]Item Swing
56.[]Item Throw
57.[]Home Run Bat
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_swim_idle_right]Swimming Idle
00.[]Swimming Start
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_swim_right]Swimming
00.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_Upwardthrow]Opening Assist Trophy

Sounds

58.[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4wH28vKmf4&feature=related ]Main Theme (thanks to Bandiboy)
59.[ http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM07kiRXkLQ&feature=related ]Win Theme
00.[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0Wxsl-Pj8&feature=related ]Credits Theme]

Last edited by Door Key Pig on Mon May 31, 2010 4:50 am; edited 46 times in total
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:13 am

Crash's Final Form Checklist
[F] = Finished
[W] = Work In Progress
[S] = Sprited
[X] = N/A
[] = not started

Motions

1.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Fscras14]Idle
2.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Fscras13]Walk (will replace)
3.[]Run/Dash
4.[]Jump
5.[]Fall
6.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Fscras11]Land (may replace)
7.[]Damage
8.[]Knockback
9.[]Dead
10.[]Get up
11.[]Hang
12.[]Recover from Hang
13.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_crouch]Crouch (Loop last frame for hold and reverse for getting out of crouch)
14.[]Guard
15.[]Taunt
16.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_win]Win (remove green in animation)
17.[Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_lose]Lose (Woah! Sound effect:
18.[Aku Aku disapearing from current spot: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Akuaku13Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) Crash_finalsmash]Entrance/Start (Sound effect for Aku Aku reappearing: http://www.toolkitzone.com/files.php?file=1501 )

Smashes

19.[]Neutral
20.[]Combo
21.[]Up Smash
22.[]Side Smash
23.[]Down Smash
24.[]Dash Attack

Specials

25.[]Neutral Special
26.[]Side Special
27.[]Up Special
28.[]Down Special

Aerials

29.[]Neutral Aerial
30.[]Up Aerial
31.[]Forward Aerial
32.[]Back Aerial
33.[]Down Aerial

Grabs

34.[]Grab
35.[]Pummel
36.[]Up Throw
37.[]Down Throw
38.[]Forward Throw
39.[]Back Throw

Other

40.[]Stock
41.[]Roll
42.[]Kirby Attack
43.[]Stunned
49.[]Damage Meter

Tilts

51.[]Up Tilt
52.[]Side Tilt
53.[]Down Tilt

Extras

54.[]Climbing Ladder
55.[]Item Swing
56.[]Item Throw
57.[]Home Run Bat

Last edited by Door Key Pig on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flash Guy

Flash Guy

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:29 am

The Up Special should be him flying with the Jet Pack instead.
Back to top Go down
Nineveh Kisike

Nineveh Kisike

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:44 am

That entrance is one of the worst I've ever seen. He doesn't move when he goes down, and where the fuck does the jetpack disappear to?
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:08 am

Nineveh Kisike wrote:
That entrance is one of the worst I've ever seen. He doesn't move when he goes down, and where the fuck does the jetpack disappear to?
I could change that then.
Back to top Go down
James Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm

I would like to understand Crash's up special.
Is he supposed to jump from a spring box like Crash's games?
Back to top Go down
ArgorokKing

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:31 pm

so his up special is jumping?
the propellor pack from crash 4 wrath o cortex or the jet pack would be better 4 this
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:04 am

James Bonder wrote:
I would like to understand Crash's up special.
Is he supposed to jump from a spring box like Crash's games?
It's his Rocket Jump from N-Tranced. A spring could be used somewhere but it'd be copying Sonic if it was his up special.
ArgorokKing wrote:
so his up special is jumping?
the propellor pack from crash 4 wrath o cortex or the jet pack would be better 4 this
ROCKET Jumping. Actually, if you could find propeller pack sprites I could use them in his up aireal.
And I have some ideas for Aireals.
Neutral: Does a spin on his jetpack.
Up: Hits upward with his his propeller from his propeller pack.
Forward: Rides forward on his Hoverbike.
Back: Shoots a small projectile from Bat and gun?
Back to top Go down
Ungrateful Dead

Ungrateful Dead

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:47 am

This is the worst thing I've ever seen
Stop ruining everyones' childhoods, goddammit.
Back to top Go down
Proton

Proton

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:23 am

Ungrateful Dead wrote:
This is the worst thing I've ever seen
Stop ruining everyones' childhoods, goddammit.

I hate it too, but its nowhere near the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://masterofmegaman.deviantart.com
Flash Guy

Flash Guy

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:06 am

Quote :
ROCKET Jumping. Actually, if you could find propeller pack sprites I could use them in his up aireal.

Crash could spin in midair for 5 seconds if u played N-tranced u'd know hat so the Jetpack in that would be useless.
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Flash Guy wrote:
Quote :

Crash could spin in midair for 5 seconds if u played N-tranced u'd know hat so the Jetpack in that would be useless.
Yeah, I edited that so it floats in mid-air.
And should I put the poll up now?
Back to top Go down
bandiboy123

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:03 pm

some more motions could be added to the bazooka sprite
Back to top Go down
http://www.deviantart.com
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:11 pm

bandiboy123 wrote:
some more motions could be added to the bazooka sprite
Like?
Back to top Go down
bandiboy123

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm

like crash brings the bazooka up to his face and shoots like in Crash Bandicoot 3. and smoke should come out from the back
Back to top Go down
Flash Guy

Flash Guy

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:27 pm

That and the fact that he doesn't even take out the gun, and not to mention the effects are cheap.
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:55 am

UPDATE:
I've gotten rid of most white or green in the old animations.
Put up a Kirby hat.
Put up Pummel.
Put up Roll.
Put up Stock.
Put up Final Form Win & Lose.
I could change the Bazooka, use the one from this sheet and maybe recolour it:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/crashfusion/sheet/25954

Last edited by Door Key Pig on Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bandiboy123

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:09 am

And when Crash fall off the bat, Could be his Knockback.
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:14 am

bandiboy123 wrote:
And when Crash fall off the bat, Could be his Knockback.
Maybe, though I already have a knockback.
I'm nearly done on the Burnt Damage animation (I just have to animate it).

Last edited by Door Key Pig on Sun May 09, 2010 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:15 am

I'd make spin his Up Special.
Back to top Go down
bandiboy123

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:24 am

But no offense the knockback off of the Bat looks better.
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:25 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I'd make spin his Up Special.
Why? It fits better as a down, there's better ideas and the only thing it can do in air is to make Crash fall slower.
Back to top Go down
bandiboy123

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:28 am

I guess your right. So how's the Bazooka sprite coming along?
Back to top Go down
Door Key Pig

Door Key Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:34 am

bandiboy123 wrote:
I guess your right. So how's the Bazooka sprite coming along?
I haven't started it yet, it was a sugestion that I Might do.
Maybe I could change the Knockback from the polar bear to the bat Knockback.
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:35 am

Spin should be the neutral specail, bazooka should be down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)   Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash Bandicoot: New and improved (well, not so new)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next