SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)

Go down 
+18
Dastardly Bastard
Geno
Dark Lord
TimeCrunch
the bird is the word
Flash Guy
cav10281
Caby
Copy'n'Paste
Tengu Man
Kirbysmith [DJ]
AEM
Valhallos
Chick In A Box
Eraser
ShadowHunter
ShadowKirby
HyperSonic92
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Toonlinkupspecialfullyc < Just pretend it's faster than the other one for a sec. I'll add the beginning and end soon

I finished adding the eyebrows to all the sprites I have. I'll upload the new animations soon
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Toonlinkattack
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Toonlinkcombo

Thanks to the new sprites SH made, I was able to fix the neutral attacks
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Well the energy on the Hurricane Spin is too thick. I have observed that in Wind Waker, Phantom of Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, the Hurricane Spin's energy is as thin as a regular Spin attack. Also, I'm not really liking the combo attack. In fact, I don't really approve the moveset you made and haven't discuss this together. Can we talk about this?
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
Well the energy on the Hurricane Spin is too thick. I have observed that in Wind Waker, Phantom of Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, the Hurricane Spin's energy is as thin as a regular Spin attack. Also, I'm not really liking the combo attack. In fact, I don't really approve the moveset you made and haven't discuss this together. Can we talk about this?
Alright I'll fix the energy.

Soooo...you don't like the moveset you made? The specials were your idea
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 pm

That's it. I wasn't talking about the specials. I'm talking about the combo, forward aerial, up aerial, and the other non-special attacks. I never made any of those ideas. They do not represent his games like Four Swords, Minish Cap, Wind Waker, Phantom of Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. I understand that you are trying to declone him, but throwing in custom moves will not work if there is an attack that represents something. It has to be replaced.

Brawl does it's best to represet it's attacks when creating new characters. They may throw in customs, but they think about represenatitives first. There are some things that are worth cloning in order to represent it (For example: Down aerial from Minish Cap and back aerial from Wind Waker). We have to balance new attacks and representatives in order to successfully create characters that are made of SSB worthy material. I know I have vowed to never give moveset advices unless asked for, but this is my expansion too and I'm concerned on what moveset Toon Link will have. Do you get me?
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 pm

HyperSonic92 wrote:
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Toonlinkupspecialfullyc < Just pretend it's faster than the other one for a sec. I'll add the beginning and end soon

I finished adding the eyebrows to all the sprites I have. I'll upload the new animations soon
No. Toon link looks EXTREMLEY off in that animation
And also, I hate the raising of the eyrows in the animations , it just seems unatrual. Just becuase it looks good in the games, doesnt mean it will look good on the sprite
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
That's it. I wasn't talking about the specials. I'm talking about the combo, forward aerial, up aerial, and the other non-special attacks. I never made any of those ideas. They do not represent his games like Four Swords, Minish Cap, Wind Waker, Phantom of Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. I understand that you are trying to declone him, but throwing in custom moves will not work if there is an attack that represents something. It has to be replaced.

Brawl does it's best to represet it's attacks when creating new characters. They may throw in customs, but they think about represenatitives first. There are some things that are worth cloning in order to represent it (For example: Down aerial from Minish Cap and back aerial from Wind Waker). We have to balance new attacks and representatives in order to successfully create characters that are made of SSB worthy material. I know I have vowed to never give moveset advices unless asked for, but this is my expansion too and I'm concerned on what moveset Toon Link will have. Do you get me?
Well sorta. But I'm not sure how my neutral attacks aren't representing the games.

But don't worry, I don't plan to replace the Back and Down aerials. And if it makes you feel better we can discuss what you want the A attacks can be via PM
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 am

Tengu Man wrote:
No. Toon link looks EXTREMLEY off in that animation
And also, I hate the raising of the eyrows in the animations , it just seems unatrual. Just becuase it looks good in the games, doesnt mean it will look good on the sprite
How is it extremely off? Is my regular spin attack extremely off? Be specific please.

Also you have the a problem with him raising his eyebrows huh? Okay, Hype, could you lower his eyebrows a bit. He doesn't seem to like that the eyebrows rose.

If you mean adding the eyebrows, than it's a different story. I want the Toon Link sprite to be detailed and have every part of Toon Link he has. If it makes you happy, I'll set up a poll.

So do you hate the raising or adding the eyebrows?
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 am

I had him with his eyebrows raised cause they were whenever he released the Hurricane Spin in Wind Waker
Back to top Go down
Dark Lord

Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Looking Great, except the face on the Charged Spin looks a little bit off.

Besides that it is cool. I was just wondering, you're gonna have to make the Up Special in the Air right? Just so his feet don't look so flat in the air. Pretty much yeah, just remove the start and make the end go into the Fall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nes-productions.com
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm

HyperSonic92@ Well we are making Spirit Tracks Link, so it is best to take the Hurricane Spin from Spirit Tracks. Just preform it a couple of times and observe the face carefully.

DarkLord@ Which one, my regular spin attack or Hype's Hurricane Spin? Both could produce each spin attack, although Hype's animation is a result of charging the longest.
Yep, we're going to make an aerial up special animation. I will work on it later if Toon Link wins the SSF2 Expansion Poll.
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm

When he spins, he looks like a child after being puchedthrown of a tree.. Cmon, he fought giant laser-shooting skeleton demons. Is it reallly nessacry to make him cream while using the spin attack?
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:23 am

Tengu, he ALWAYS screams whenever he does the Hurricane Spin. Come to think of it, he screams whenever he does anything. He speaks Nintendo-ese

Also SH I don't remember if the Hurricane Spin was in Spirit Tracks so I'll recheck to be safe

Yes DL, we're gonna make the Up Special in air. I'm just gonna wait until we perfected the attack on the ground
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Well, the great spin attack is pretty close to the hurricane spin.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Tengu Man wrote:
Well, the great spin attack is pretty close to the hurricane spin.
It's just not an ocean related name.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:05 pm

What's the best way to revive an old topic?

with the epic WIND WAKER VICTORY DANCE taunt!!
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 Toonlinktaunt

We'll probably have a better version soon
Back to top Go down
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:28 pm

So far, so good. Also, in regards to the Up-Special talk a couple posts ago, I don't see anything wrong with replacing it with the Hurricane Spin. They did the same thing with the Mario Tornado. (It was replaced with Star Spin.)
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Right now I'm focusing on uploading the new animations (with the new eyebrows). We'll work on new stuff soon. Hopefully TL would have won SH's poll by then
Back to top Go down
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:50 pm

BTW, I can't see the bombchu asplosion.

(Your head bombchu asplode, LOL)
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Huh. Don't know how that happened
Back to top Go down
Geno

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 pm

I'd like to let this topic know

MINISH LINK =/= TOON LINK
Back to top Go down
Dastardly Bastard

Dastardly Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I'd like to let this faggot know that this topic has nothing to do with minish link.

Other than that, they look the fucking same

Go get asspained in a different topic.
Back to top Go down
Geno

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Dastardly Bastard wrote:
I'd like to let this faggot know that this topic has nothing to do with minish link.

Before you make yourself look anymore retarded, I'd like to show you to the FIRST PAGE OF THE TOPIC.
Back to top Go down
indianchan

indianchan

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Geno wrote:
Dastardly Bastard wrote:

Before you make yourself look anymore retarded, I'd like to show you to the FIRST PAGE OF THE TOPIC.
Look at the topic name you dumb slut.
Back to top Go down
Dastardly Bastard

Dastardly Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 pm

*This post has been removed*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next