SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)

Go down 
+18
Dastardly Bastard
Geno
Dark Lord
TimeCrunch
the bird is the word
Flash Guy
cav10281
Caby
Copy'n'Paste
Tengu Man
Kirbysmith [DJ]
AEM
Valhallos
Chick In A Box
Eraser
ShadowHunter
ShadowKirby
HyperSonic92
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Toryn

Toryn

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:05 pm

The lose looks really... odd. The elbows move very awkwardly.
What kind of crouch IS that? All he really does is hold up his sheild.
Neutral and Combo are a little slow, Toon Link attacks quite a bit faster in Brawl.

I'm not sure whether or not you said you were going to keep the Mole Mitts attack, but it could use some more range. Otherwise, you'd have to really REALLY overpower it if you wanted to make the move worth even using, and that wouldn't fit too well with Toon Link.

I have to congratulate whoever made the up special on their excellent work. Nice job. ^^
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:19 am

I made the spin attack (the spinning part I mean). Thank you Torn! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
Marioyoshi (EH)

Marioyoshi (EH)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:31 am

nice expansion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:47 am

my GIF animator can't change speed so sorry. The neutral and combo are being redone anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:34 pm

I just noticed that you have changed all the specials except the Up Special, may I reccomend Roc's Cape?
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I just noticed that you have changed all the specials except the Up Special, may I reccomend Roc's Cape?
Well ever since Geno confused Minish Cap Link with Spirit Tracks Link, I've been considering on replacing the Mole Mitts. I know ShadowKirby objected, but more people would need to be supported. If we are not keeping the Mole Mitts, it shall be replaced by a Spirit Tracks or Phantom of Hourglass item.

Roc's Cape? Please explain how is it going to be used as a side special.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:04 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Well ever since Geno confused Minish Cap Link with Spirit Tracks Link, I've been considering on replacing the Mole Mitts. I know ShadowKirby objected, but more people would need to be supported. If we are not keeping the Mole Mitts, it shall be replaced by a Spirit Tracks or Phantom of Hourglass item.

Roc's Cape? Please explain how is it going to be used as a side special.
Side Special? I was talking about it being a Up Special...
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Side Special? I was talking about it being a Up Special...
Then I cannot take it. Up special was kept for a reason since that's more known and important in the games. That's why I took away the bombs, arrows, and boomarang (unless someone wants them back). My main prority is to give Toon Link the best moveset, not declone him. There are a few issues with the moveset concerning using items outside of Spirit Tracks (it's unknown how ST Link even got these items).

I'm not even happy with Bombchu or Mole Mitts idea of a special for ST Link.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I did like the idea of the pirate's ancestor's giving the Mole Mitts and Bombchus to Link. That's how Link can get the "Hero's Shield" or whatever it's called in Spirit Tracks.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Yes, but Tetra or the pirate crew didn't have the Mole Mitts. We can keep the Bombchus though, since they seem to fit in with Spirit Tracks Link. So Hype, do you know what are we going to do?
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Probably replacing the side special to an item he used in PH or ST?

I'll go to ZeldaWiki and find something
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 pm

There's also the option of Wind Waker items.

How about the Hammer from Phantom of Hourglass? However the problem would be that Toon Link from Spirit Tracks didn't have a fairy (while the fairy from PH stayed with the Ocean King). Also, if we are going to use this, Tetra's Skull Hammer would have to be replaced.

We also have the Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks. It could raise a pillar of sand in order to create a stage obstacle, interfering on how oppenents fight. They would have to jump in the air to get to the other side, giving Toon Link combo possibilites. It could also be used for edge grabbing, increasing the height of the edge. However, in Spirit Tracks, this can only work in sand while sand would randomly appear in SSF2. I would be more than happy if you can counter this problem.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:
There's also the option of Wind Waker items.

How about the Hammer from Phantom of Hourglass? However the problem would be that Toon Link from Spirit Tracks didn't have a fairy (while the fairy from PH stayed with the Ocean King). Also, if we are going to use this, Tetra's Skull Hammer would have to be replaced. I really don't want you to replace Tetra's Skull Hammer. I'll try to find a good item from WW though

We also have the Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks. It could raise a pillar of sand in order to create a stage obstacle, interfering on how oppenents fight. They would have to jump in the air to get to the other side, giving Toon Link combo possibilites. It could also be used for edge grabbing, increasing the height of the edge. However, in Spirit Tracks, this can only work in sand while sand would randomly appear in SSF2. I would be more than happy if you can counter this problem. I can't help but think that Sand Wand might be a bit overpowered. If we do use it we'd have to make the sand pillars not so tall.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

The Sand Pillar could be almost the height of Toon Link. Also, we could cancel the edge guarding thing and you are able to only summon 3 sand blocks at a time (they cannot be stacked together however). There is also the problem we have to consider.

But let me know if you made decision.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Okay here's some ideas I had in mind:

1)Whip from Spirit Tracks - It acts like Shiek's Side Special. As expected it can tether recover. It can also grab items.

2)Boomerang from all three Toon games - Yeah I know unoriginal (compared to Link) but I'm try to tweak it to differ it from Link's Boomerang

3)Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks - I like the idea actually. I'll try to sprite that if it's decided

4)Keeping Mole Mitts - I really liked the Mole Mitts but since they're not part of the "Main Toon Link" games (WW, PH, and ST), I guess I can let it go (which also mean I should probably ditch my Elzo secret taunt, eh?)
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm

1) I though that was going to be his grab

2) Well it could redirect projectiles and slightly stun oppenents. However if we use that, then we have to give him his arrows and bombs.

3) Me too. It originally was going to be Toon Zelda's side special, but there's no reason she should have the Sand Wand and I came up with a better one.

4) Me too, but even Geno confused this with Minish Cap Link. Hopefully someone make a Minish Cap Link expansion.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 pm

I think someone already made a Minish Cap Link expansion.

So Sand Wand is the new Side Special? Okay. I'll try to sprite it now
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:42 pm

I think so. We need more opinions.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:43 pm

I'll go through and try to find more. Although I wanna see if I can do the Sand Wand attack
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:01 am

HyperSonic92 wrote:
I'll go through and try to find more. Although I wanna see if I can do the Sand Wand attack
You mean move, right? The Sand Wand will not inflict any damage (directly). It will only be used for comboing and interfering.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah that's what I meant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10