SSF2 Expansion Forums - Uncut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fresh, new start for endless creations.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatbox

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)

Go down 
+18
Dastardly Bastard
Geno
Dark Lord
TimeCrunch
the bird is the word
Flash Guy
cav10281
Caby
Copy'n'Paste
Tengu Man
Kirbysmith [DJ]
AEM
Valhallos
Chick In A Box
Eraser
ShadowHunter
ShadowKirby
HyperSonic92
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Toonlinkneutralspecial

Is this a proper way for the sword to be put? I wanna make sure before I continue

Also I noticed that your version lacked Link blowing into the Whirlwind, which is how it's activated so I added that to his face
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah, I made that before Spirit Tracks came out, so I had limited knowledge on that too. The design is also wrong.

Yeah, the putting away the sword thing is better. Also, I'll try to think about that Minish Cap item. I hands are full and I'm focusing on the issues of Tetra/Toon Zelda.

ShadowKirby, I am not limiting Link, just making sure that almost half of it represents Spirit Tracks since that's the Link we'll make it. I'm also giving him items from Phantom of Hourglass, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, and his FS is Four Swords. I'm not limiting him that much, just making sure everyone is reminded that this is Spirit Tracks Link that's in SSF2. So it only make sense that he gets the Lokomo Sword, the recarnation of the Master Sword which Twilight Princess Link have.

ShadowKirby, do you understand?
Back to top Go down
http://shadowthehedgehog9.deviantart.com/
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah, I was just trying to save you guys the trouble of changing the sword. Saying they looked close enough to just claim the one you are using as the Lokomo Sword. You can make ST link just use some other stuff too. At least one item from every Toon Link game.

Seriously though. use that Mole Mitts thing, even if it ends up as a tilt.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

Location : On a ruined and polluted planet suffering from many failures. (aka Earth)

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 pm

That's okay, I'm usually glad of sacrificing time in order to improve an expansion's quality. I will try to sprite the Lokomo Sword and replace the Master Sword.

I'll try to think about what to do with the Mole Mitts. I may have it a Forward Special, but this is the reason why I didn't want it:

ShadowTheHedgehog9 wrote:
Sorry, but I've been thinking about this special a bit. I came up with the decision to replace Mole Mitts with another Minish Cap item. Why? Well I saw the gameplay of the Mole Mitts and it have no effect on enemies. I have a feeling that you just made up the effects when this never happened in Minish Cap. I'll research the gameplay of Minish Cap and come up with a better side special.

Nice animation and Mole Mitt sprite. It's pretty smooth and one of your best Toon Link animations.

Also here's the new beginner's expansion forums.
https://expansionsuncut.forumotion.com/index.htm

I may have substitutes like the Gust Jar or the Cane that flips items. I'm thinking if I could twist things around and have the Mole Mitts as a forward special.
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:13 pm

It looks good, it doesn't have to be Special, just use it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:16 am

Well if you think about it it doesn't have to be exactly like it was in the games. The Spin Attack could never lift Link up in ANY of the games it was in but in Smash it could.

Oh BTW for Hurricane Spin does it animate differently than the Spin Attack?
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:23 am

Hurricane Spin blur motions are yellow and animation plays faster. It also have a dizzy animation.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:27 am

Okay thanks. I'll get to work on that now
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:58 am

HyperSonic92 wrote:
Okay thanks. I'll get to work on that now
But we havent' even replace the Master Sword with the Lokomo Sword yet.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

I'll replace it in the animation.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:34 am

Has ShadowHunter beated HyperSonic at spriting the Lokomo Sword? Why yes, yes he has, and I suprised too.

HyperSonic92's
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Spirittracksitems

ShadowHunter's
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 ToonLinkLokomoSword

Dare to compare?
Spoiler:

Last edited by ShadowHunter on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:49 pm

It was the angle. It kinda tricked me. But yeah yours is epic
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:58 pm

UPDATE!

Toon Link has now obtained the Lokomo Sword
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Toonlinkidlev2

I'm now going through the animations adding the Lokomo Sword to them. Might be a while
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:28 pm

UPDATE

New and improved Whirlwind
Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Toonlinkneutralspecialv

EDIT: I'll remove that dot right now
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Sword and Shield are in the wrong hands....

That's what Spirit Tracks says anyways.
Back to top Go down
Chick In A Box

Chick In A Box

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Ariand/AEM wrote:
Sword and Shield are on the wrong arms....
Since Cleod's not taking the time to supply different sprites for each side, they'll be on the wrong arms in some way no matter what.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:01 pm

All-righty then.
Back to top Go down
Tengu Man

Tengu Man

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 am

Final Smash = Train of death
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:43 am

Tengu Man wrote:
No. We already decided the Final Smash: The Four Sword
Back to top Go down
Kirbysmith [DJ]

Kirbysmith [DJ]

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:09 am

You could recolour the sprites using this process:
http://www.nintendopapercraft.com/labels/How%20to.html
It's for paper-crafts, but it works for sprites too. Just use a 1x1 pixel brush to erase instead of a fuzzy brush.
And don't use interlacing.
That's very important.
Back to top Go down
http://kirby.nforum.biz/
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:43 am

[DJ] wrote:
You could recolour the sprites using this process:
http://www.nintendopapercraft.com/labels/How%20to.html
It's for paper-crafts, but it works for sprites too. Just use a 1x1 pixel brush to erase instead of a fuzzy brush.
And don't use interlacing.
That's very important.

Its really more simple then they're making it. A whole sprite sheet recoloring shouldn't take but 2 minutes. And they're even simpler ways of doing it then that one.

Tengu Man wrote:
Worst idea I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am

The putting away the sword animation in the Whirlwind is not smooth. Add in more frames and add delay to the frame on when he puts it away. Also why is his sword pointing up when he puts it in his scabbard? Also he should blow into the Whirlwind longer, because I saw that the black dot disappear a second after the Whirlwind starts. I'm not asking you to make the fan spin longer, just Toon Link blowing.

Also you took away my credit for the idle, but left the credit for the Whirlwind.
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Sorry on both accounts
Back to top Go down
HyperSonic92

HyperSonic92

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

This any better?

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 Toonlinkneutralspecialv

I made the putting away sword part smoother and the blowing into Whirlwind part longer. However I tried to speed up the frames of the sword being put away and coming out cause I thought they might be too long but I don't know how to make them faster on Beneton

EDIT: Yes the spot's still there. I'll fix it
Back to top Go down
ShadowKirby

ShadowKirby

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Its fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)   Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toon Link - Legend of Zelda (with help from ShadowHunter)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next